LeapFrog Imagicard offers a whole new way to play through a magical collectible card experience that brings characters and learning to life on the next generation of LeapPad learning tablets – LeapPad Platinum
LONDON, UK — June 16, 2015 – LeapFrog, the leader in innovative developmental solutions for children, today unveiled the new LeapFrog Imagicard, a first of its kind digital and physical learning experience for kids that magically brings characters and learning to life with the snap of a picture from one of 30+ interactive collectible cards included. Full length LeapFrog digital learning games are enhanced by physical interactive cards – featuring top licensed characters mixed with educational content that extend the play beyond traditional tablet gaming. The best way to experience LeapFrog Imagicard games are on LeapFrog’s most advanced LeapPad tablet yet, the all-new LeapPad Platinum with its seven-inch high-resolution, multi-touch capacitive screen and fast processor. The LeapPad Platinum tablet is the most durable LeapPad tablet and offers kid-safe content to explore and grow.
“We were looking to create a physical and digital experience with LeapFrog Imagicard games that provided a more social and traditional learning environment, while still offering an incredibly engaging play experience for children,” said Dr. Jody LeVos, director of learning at LeapFrog. “Through parent and child testing, we found that parents loved the idea of a collectible card experience that helped their children develop and grow as they played. And, children loved that they could bring their favourite characters to life in an interactive tablet experience, as well as collect and share cards with their friends. We know that children learn best when they’re having fun, and our new LeapFrog Imagicard experience delivers on this in a big way.”
Characters and Curriculum Come to Life with LeapFrog Imagicard
With LeapFrog Imagicard games, children are presented with new ways to solve problems with 30+ interactive collectible cards that come to life on their LeapFrog tablet. Children use the camera to simply “capture” the card on the screen, bringing one of their favourite characters magically into the game and unlocking more ways to play. LeapFrog Imagicard launches with three interactive games that feature favourite characters including LeapFrog’s Letter Factory, PAW Patrol, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Each game features LeapFrog’s proprietary Just For Me™ Learning Technology, which personalises the experience for each child by adapting automatically during play, offering tutorials and more to keep kids challenged. LeapFrog Imagicard is also backwards compatible with all LeapFrog LeapPad™ tablets with the exception of LeapPad™1. In addition to the multi-levelled downloadable digital game and interactive cards, LeapFrog Imagicard comes with a tin for easy storage, and a play mat for card sorting and offline games. All 30+ cards are also digitally included in the game, so children can still play the full games while on-the-go.
Initial launch titles for LeapFrog Imagicard feature amazing LeapFrog characters and some of the top children’s properties:
- LeapFrog Letter Factory (for ages four to seven). LeapFrog Imagicard Letter Factory allows kids to step right up to the magical Letter Factory Carnival with LeapFrog’s popular family of inquisitive frogs. Literacy skills are the ticket to unlocking new attractions where children can play fairground games to earn tickets at the prize wheel, use those tickets to let the letter cards into the carnival, and go on quests to find lost items that begin with each letter. For example, find and return the letter A’s apple for a bonus coin. More than 50 Letter Factory trivia questions add to the fun. Take selfies with Tad and Lily, and decorate the images with stickers earned during play.
- Paw Patrol (for ages three to five). Join Ryder and the PAW Patrol as they lend a paw for Adventure Bay Appreciation Week, and unleash mathematics and problem-solving skills to earn Good Citizen badges. Patrol the bay for citizens who need help, and then find the pup with the right tools and skills for each mission. Challenge your PAW Patrol knowledge by answering 50+ trivia questions, plus, have a PAWsome time taking selfies with favourite pups, and decorate the images with stickers earned for completing missions.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (for ages five to eight). Team up with the Turtles and deploy shell-tastic mathematics skills to recover mutagen canisters that are scattered around the city. Play as Mikey, Leo, Donnie and Raph and complete fact finding missions by solving equations and feeding the team pizza using fraction skills. Scan in multiple cards to see how they interact in the animation fun zone, play trivia, and take selfies with them in ninjutsu poses.
LeapPad Platinum, The Latest Addition to LeapFrog’s Award-Winning Family of LeapPad Tablets
Our most advanced LeapPad tablet, LeapPad Platinum provides access to a kid-perfect web experience and a library of 800+ age-appropriate, LeapFrog educator-approved games, apps, eBooks, videos and more with all the kid-safe, kid-tough and kid-smart features you expect from a LeapPad.
- High-resolution and High-speed: With a seven-inch high-resolution, multi-touch capacitive screen and fast high-performance processor, LeapPad Platinum offers the biggest learning experiences.
- Kid-Safe Web: LeapPad Platinum features LeapSearch™, the proprietary kid-safe web browser that lets kids explore content they love. LeapSearch allows kids to browse age-appropriate content, handpicked by LeapFrog’s team of learning experts, and now features expanded parental settings for easy fine-tuning.
- Built to Last: LeapPad Platinum is LeapFrog’s most durable tablet ever with a shatter-safe screen and a wrap-around bumper. LeapPad Platinum has been thoroughly drop-tested, impact-tested and compression-tested in LeapFrog’s Quality Lab for durability and child safety. LeapPad Platinum includes 8GB memory to hold up to 40,000 photos or 100+ game apps*, two cameras and video recorders and 10 apps (Music Player with 10 songs included, Pet Pad Party, Pet Chat, Photo Fun Ultra, five utility apps and a choice of one app download). App download requires wireless internet connection and parent account.
Award Winning LeapFrog Learning Library Featuring Just for Me™ Learning Technology
The LeapFrog library of 1,000+ games, videos, apps and more draws from a proprietary scope and sequence of more than 2,600 skills informed by the latest research Games and apps go beyond maths drills to spark creativity and logic, foster a love of reading and social understanding and inspire scientific thinking and more. LeapFrog’s exclusive Just for Me™ Learning system personalises select games up to 10 ways from remembering curricular progress across games to receiving immediate feedback on answers, automatically adjusting learning levels and providing hint button tutorials. These unique collections of teaching tools work together to create a personalised learning experience that keeps children challenged, engaged and confident.
LeapFrog Imagicard (RRP £19.99 per game, for children three to eight years old) will be available online and at major retail locations in August 2015. The LeapPad Platinum tablet (RRP £99.99, for children three to nine years old) will be available in green and pink online and at major retail locations in July 2015.