This month on Netflix has been a good one. The kids have enjoyed many an animal film. Personally I love animal films, my sister always cries, no matter what the outcome, so we tend to keep her away from them.
We have to have something for everyone, to make sure everyone has a turn. So Pops had rango and was a big fan. Even daddy was having a giggle. Then Boo loved Clifford the puppy days. Then for me, I had Harry and the Hendersons. A classic and a must see for the girls, they were highly amused that someone had a big hairy human in their house. I didn’t want to correct her.
Running with the clifford theme Netflix have a great recipe for making a puppy sandwich.
You will need
2 x slices of wholemeal bread
1 x wholemeal pita or 1 x slice of wholemeal crust
Your favourite sandwich filling
Cream cheese (optional)
2. Using a sharp knife, cut out a shape that resembles a pear or light bulb (wide and round at one end and narrower and rounded at the other)
3. Using either pitta bread or the slice of a crust, cut two teardrop shapes and then tuck these inside the sandwich so that the rounded section is at the top and the point is downwards
4. To make the nose, cut a slice of cucumber skin and then shape it into a round edged triangle and put it in place
5. For the eyes, take a slice of cheese and using a circular cutter (small cookie cutter), cut two oval eye shapes. Cut some more cucumber skin and using an apple corer or very small circle cutter, make two pupils from the cucumber skin and place on top of the cheese ovals
6. To finish, cut some small curves of cucumber skin using a round cutter and place above the eyes. To give the eyes and nose a more lifelike appearance, use a tiny dot of cream cheese to highlight these